IEEE ELECTRIC SHIP TECHNOLOGIES SYMPOSIUM
Sponsored by: IEEE Power & Energy Society (PES) and IEEE Power Electronics Society (PELS)
Technical Sponsor: IEEE Transportation Electrification Community (TEC)
The ESTS 2021 will focus on emerging electric ship technologies in the following major technical areas:
- Model-based systems engineering: ship and system-level models, methods and guidelines, including digital twin development
- Model-based systems engineering: subsystem-level, converter, & component models, methods and guidelines
- Electric propulsion and generation (machines, variable speed drives, propulsors)
- Electrical power conversion for DC distribution, including active current limitation
- Energy storage and pulsating loads: integration, control, and impact on system performance
- Power distribution, cabling, superconducting DC systems, and dielectric challenges at medium voltage
- Electromagnetic interference, electromagnetic compatibility, grounding, and common-mode behavior
- Protection, reconfiguration, and survivability
- Power system control methods and architectures
- Cyber-physical system considerations for shipboard platforms
The ESTS 2021 invites commercial & military ship end-users, shipbuilders, port operators, classification societies, machinery and equipment manufacturers, research institutes, universities and other organizations around the world to present their views, opinions, studies, research, designs and future advances on these subjects. Panel sessions and poster presentations will be held for these topics.
Submission of Papers
Those wishing to present contributions are invited to submit complete papers to the ESTS 2021 Technical Committee via ePapers. Authors are encouraged to limit content to 8 pages in final format; papers with more than 10 pages in final format will not be accepted. Submissions must include paper title, name(s) of principal author(s) and organization(s) including city, country, and email address. A template to assist authors in manuscript preparation is also available on the on the author help page at ePapers. Please note that full papers are required at the time of initial submission.
All papers and presentations contributed by authors must be approved for public disclosure prior to submission. Please note that the technical committee cannot accept restricted distribution submissions for consideration.
Acceptance of Papers
The authors of accepted papers will be requested to submit final manuscripts for inclusion in the Proceedings by the deadline below. Accepted papers must adhere to IEEE formatting guidelines, and must be presented at the conference in order be included in IEEE Xplore. Please note that the final manuscript submission is intended to provide authors with the opportunity to address minor and/or cosmetic errors in the original manuscript and to ensure PDF eXpress compliance; authors are strongly discouraged from making material changes to the manuscript after the initial submission.
|*April 2, 2021||Paper submission *Extended from March 19, 2021|
|May 21, 2021||Notification of acceptance or rejection|
|June 4, 2021||Final paper submission|
Questions about this call for papers may be addressed to the ESTS 2021 Technical Co-Chairs: